Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pizza Sandwich- Vegan and vegetarian-friendly





Food-prepping is an essential part of my Sunday routine. I love preparing effortless and inexpensive meals to keep my taste-buds happy during the week. This week, I decided that I would have pizza sandwich for lunch. I will have patacon pisao for breakfast, an apple, and oatmeal cookies for snacks. For dinner, I will have pasta salad, (will share pics in another post).

I am not sure where I go the name "pizza sandwich" from, but it fits this recipe perfectly.


The ingredient list is simple. All you need is bread and veggies of your choice.

1. Italian French bread
2. Daiya vegan shredded cheese
3. Red onion
4. Black olives
5. Green bell pepper
6. Green onion
7. Tomato

First, I prepped all of my veggies by chopping and dicing. Then, I put the onion and bell pepper rings in a warm skillet with non-stick cooking spray to sauté.


I covered the skillet to let the veggies steam and get a little softer for about 4 minutes. 


While the onion and bell pepper rings sauté, I sliced the Italian French bread into three thin slices using a bread knife with ridged teeth. I put them on a rack in the toaster oven and sprinkled the Daiya vegan cheese over them.



After the slices of bread were toasted, I took them out of the toaster oven and garnished with the left-over ingredients. After I did that, I ate them.